Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) is a high strength flexible material. TPU belongs to the TPE class of thermoplastics.
- Flexible and High strength 95A hardness is simlar to an o-ring. High abrasion resistance and low compression compared to rubber
- Resistant to chemicals resist to oil, grease and etc. Durable performance even in chemical harsh environment.
- Easy to print Excellent adhesion on heat bed, not necessary for extra adhesion like tape. Compatible with most 3D printers in market. Bowden extruders will need to print slowly.
- Great for end-use parts or models Can be used to print as functional parts or standalone prototypes. Like RC parts, case, or engineer design prototypes.
SainSmart TPU filament is featured by its high strength and flexibility, like a hybrid of plastic and rubber.
95A TPU has high abrasion resistance and low compression compared to rubber parts, especially at higher infill.
In comparison with most common filaments like PLA and ABS, TPU must be run much slower.
- Material: Rep-Flex TPU - Vacuumed Sealed with desiccant
- Shore Hardness: 95A
- Weight: 1 KG (approximately 2.20 lb) Spool Weight Total, Net Weight 0.8 KG
- Diameter: 1.75mm (+/- 0.05mm)
- Roundness: 1.75mm (+/- 0.03mm)
- Recommended extruder temperature:195 - 230°C
- Recommended platform temperature: 40 - 60°C
- Recommended for printers with direct drive extruder, 0.4~0.8mm Nozzles.
- With bowden extruder you might pay more attention to these tips:
- Print slow 15-30 mm/s Printing speed
- First layer settings. (Height 100% Width 150% speed 50% e.g.)
- Retraction disabled. This would reduce messy, stringing or oozing printing result.
- Increase Multiplier(Optional). set to 1.1 would help the filament bond well.
- Cooling fan on after first layer.